- Attendance to on-site classes and/or work on all PLP assignments must be recorded daily in this Planner, and parent/guardian must initial each day’s record of work. This record becomes an official document of attendance and must be presented to the E.C. at every PLP conference.
- Regular attendance to on-site classes is extremely important. Days missed can never be replaced. The Front Office must be notified by parent/guardian if a student is unable to attend on-site classes.
- Students must be prompt when attending on-site classes. Students are at a disadvantage when they enter late, and late arrivals are also a disruption to the other students in the class.
Unexcused absence from on-site classes or failure to complete PLP assignments are sufficient reasons for an Educational Coordinator to assign a failing grade. If attendance problems persist, the student may be placed on academic probation.
- Parent/guardian may clear an absence by calling the Front Office on the day of the absence, or by sending a signed note upon the student’s return.
- A student may leave campus only upon completion of all on-site classes for the day.
- If a student must leave campus early for emergency or medical reasons, a parent/guardian must sign the student out in the office. If the student drives, parent must provide permission through a telephone call to the Front Office or by a signed note. The Front Office will provide the student with a Permit to Leave.