EXPECTED SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING RESULTS
Students represent Delta Charter High School as Persons of Character who:
¨ Demonstrate integrity in their personal, academic, and community lives
¨ Accept responsibility for their words and actions
¨ Extend respect to others
1. Demonstrate core subject matter mastery, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Demonstrate ability to transfer knowledge and experience to the academic and business world.
3. Set realistic personal and educational goals. Develop a plan to achieve those goals.
4. Explore a variety of educational and career options.
Knowledgeable, Effective and Well Rounded Citizens
1. Demonstrate through writing, speech or projects an understanding of diverse societies, cultures, and governments.
2. Contribute time, energy, talents, or resources in community service projects.
3. Understand that one’s rights as a contributing citizen in an effective government comes with civic responsibility.
Academic and Technology Achievers
1. Demonstrate the ability to select and apply technology tools for research, information analysis, problem solving, communicating and decision-making in learning.
2. Make informed choices among technology systems, resources and services.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer programs.
4. Use a variety of communication systems.
Lifelong Productive Workers
1. Demonstrate the ability to solve problems in real life situations.
2. Develop vocational knowledge and skills including completion of a resume and experience in the interview process.
3. Develop a written plan for a career pathway.
4. Ability to set realistic personal goals and to develop a plan to achieve those goals.
1. Speak within and to a group on a specific topic.
2. Use the writing process to create, edit and evaluate.
3. Present a dramatic or oral presentation that demonstrates poise, command of language, and clear communication.
4. Write a coherent essay with logical structure, evidence, results, and conclusions in a research project or scientific experiment.