AB 104 Grade Change Requests

AB 104 Grade Change Requests

Assembly Bill (AB) 104 (2021)authorizes parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in a ***high school ***course during the 2020–21 school year (or students, if 18 years old or older) to request a grade change. Eligible individuals may apply to change the letter grade on the student transcript to Pass or No Pass. Changing a letter grade to Pass or No Pass may improve your overall GPA if the letter grade was significantly lower in value than your overall GPA.

AB 104 also requires the California State University (CSU) and requests the University of California (UC) and private colleges to accept Pass or No Pass grades on a student’s transcript for high school courses taken during the 2020–21 school year. Below is a list of colleges and universities in California that will accept Pass/No Pass grades on transcripts.

List: California Postsecondary Institutions Accepting Pass/No Pass Grades from 2020-21 year (external link to California Department of Education)

Please Note: Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If you would like to have any letter grades changed to Pass/No Pass please complete the state-approved form linked below and send it tospayne@njes.orgno later than Thursday, August 26, 2021. New Jerusalem ESD/Delta Charter Schools may not change student grades after this date. If you are under 18 this must be completed by a parent/guardian. Paper copies of the form are also available at the school district office at 31400 S. Koster Road, Tracy, CA 95304 or mailed to this address.


Meet Our Staff